Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

These Are a Few of Our Favorite Things: Owl Cupcakes

Who doesn't love cupcakes? I know we are obsessed with them; there are so many clever and creative things you can make with cupcakes. For example, todays post! I made these for the kids while my German relatives were still in town. They were a hoot...couldn't help myself with the cheap joke! I wanted to make something fun for the kids since the adults were busy indulging on the delicious Italian Cream Cake with Strawberries (click here for that delectable post) so I logged onto Pinterest and checked out my boards and found this charming Pin:



These cupcakes were easy, and fun to make. Extra supplies include: regular chocolate M&M's, or Reese's Pieces were an option I considered, and Oreo's (I used the Double Stuff Oreo's). As for the batter and icing, I used a Pillsbury Chocolate Cake Mix and Chocolate Pillsbury Frosting. Super easy. Here's how mine turned out:




Here's one without the Oreo ears


The kids loved them, and the adults couldn't resist either! These are defiantly a great option for fall birthday parties!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment