Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Yes, We Are Still Breathing!

So sorry for our lack of posting this week! It has been so incredibly busy for both of us starting this past weekend, that the blog got a bit on the un-prioritized list. But don’t worry; we have some fun things that we have been up to (cooking, decorating, etc.) that have happened because of things that inspired us from Pinterest!

In case you’re wondering what we have been up to:

Lindsey was in Charlotte, North Carolina for a week for her first official business trip! I got back last Friday night and quickly loaded up the U-Haul waiting at my parents’ house so I could be as “ready” as possible to move to my new apartment on Saturday morning! Which is exactly what I did all day Saturday…. Pack and unpack and try and get things at least livable for the first night at the apartment. Unfortunately, the wrong couch got delivered, so the living room has no seating in it at the moment. It’s sort of funny though… the couch that got delivered was METALLIC silver- ha… no bueno, it wasn’t even like we could just get over having a different couch, this one had to go pronto. I spent most of Sunday picking up some fun finds with my mom to make a mini-gallery wall, and complete some other decorative projects in the apartment, which we are sure there will be a post about next week.

I also got (what I think) is just about the coolest opportunity ever… I get to go… drum roll please…………. to Sydney for my next business trip!!! I have wanted to go to Australia ever since I can remember, so I have pretty much been talking about how excited I am repetitively for the past 48 hours. Don't worry, I will tell you all about it when I get back! I am headed to a party my mom is hosting today after work, and tomorrow… thank God… is Friday, so hopefully we can get back into the swing of things.

Kelsey has had a seriously busy weekend/week too! As you probably can see from the post on Friday, my relatives from Germany have been in town for most of the week, so we have been entertaining, cooking, and shopping up a storm over at my house! I made a few delicious Pinterest finds for the family (Italian Cream Cake with Strawberries and Owl Cupcakes for the kids), which unfortunately Lindsey didn't get to try, but were a big hit! We all attempted to swim in the pool, but it's so hot here the pool water feels more like bath water. It was also my Dad's 52nd birthday a few days ago, so we were busy celebrating! We have another reason to celebrate on the work front... I have my first official account! It's a ricotta cheese account, so I will be in charge of managing everything for that particular customer! Now all I have to do is figure out how to go with Lindsey to Australia!


 
Expect some delicious, and creative posts here in the next couple of days! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment