Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

This Week's Quote: The World Needs People Who Have Come Alive

Since I started my life in corporate America, and have watched many of my other friends do the same, I find myself asking people almost every day what they like most about their jobs. Some answer with sincerity and conviction as they describe the people, relationships, and tasks of their jobs that fill them with excitement and joy, others speak of their exhausting schedules and draining existence.

No, your job is not your life, but it is quite a big piece of it... so I can only hope such a big piece of your life makes you feel alive, and not reduced to half of your real self on a daily basis.

In my cheesy Carpe Diem moment of the day, I would plead for you to start looking for a new job if it doesn't make you feel like this quote does below. Life is too short to be anything but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment