Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

These Are A Few of Our Favorite Things: Feeling Blessed

I had a truly wonderful weekend with great friends! I wanted to post something about it earlier this week, but its been a short one and I am just getting around to it.  As mentioned in my previous Road Trippin' post, I was down at Lake LBJ near Austin this weekend, visiting my roommate from college and her family. We had a lot of catching up to do... about new apartments, new jobs, and all of the life changes that have been going on in our lives over the past few months.

My former roomie and best friend told me that she has a moment every day at work where she almost gets a little teary eyed about how blessed she feels to not just have a job in this hard economy, but to have one that she loves and gives her meaning and purpose.


I feel the same way.

Next to the importance placed on faith, family, and friends in my life, my love of travel is probably the next most important thing, which is the industry I am fortunate enough to work in. I feel blessed for a million other things too, but since I just started a new job, and was very unsure of what it would be like, I feel especially blessed for that right now.


 P.S. Kelsey is back tomorrow! So I am sure we will be cooking up some good stuff this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment