Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Hitting the Open Road

Kelsey left yesterday for a week trip to Hilton Head and Charleston and I am about to jump in the car tomorrow morning to go on a little road trip down to Lake LBJ (which is in the Austin area) to go to my bestest friend from college/roommate for all four years' lake house.

This is one of my favorite drives to make. I take the back roads and drive through this precious Texas town called Hico on my way down there. They have a historic square with some really fun boutiques, and most importantly, the Koffee Kup restaurant that has pie with meringue stacked at least 10 inches high on top (pictures to come.) They are also rated by Texas Monthly as having one of the state's best burgers.

Though I am quite sure I will not look as glamorous as the fun road trip pins below, they have made me quite excited about my four hour road excursion I am about to embark on.



Also, get ready for a post about our first Pinterest recipe bust. I tried making an awesome looking
red, white, and blue, cake tonight that was completely and totally an epic failure. Seriously, it was depressing it was so bad.
We hope everyone has a fabulous holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment