Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things: The Baths, Virgin Gorda

You know how every family has their "place" where they make the best memories and have the grandest times? For some its a lake house, a special beach, or a getaway in the mountains... but for my family its the island of Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands.


I consider myself spoiled for having this be my family's "place," however, if you ever get a chance to get there or have already been there it may very well be your place too.

I have found several "Pins" on the travel tab of Pinterest of Virgin Gorda, and after a long space out imagining myself on a raft in the crystal clear Caribbean water with a frosty island themed beverage in tow, I thought I had been more than inspired to write about my family's favorite place.

This is Little Dix Bay, the Rosewood property that we stay at while in paradise:

**sigh**


By far, the most unique feature of this resort that many other Caribbean hideaways do not, is their free water transfers to about 15 other beaches on Virgin Gorda and a few other surrounding islands.Yes, I said the magic words: free.

One of those fabulous beaches is the Baths, an area of natural made salt water pools which have been formed by the way the volcanic rock arranged itself and has eroded over time. As a kid, it is the ultimate playground. There are ropes and ladders that navigate you to all of the natural pools. My parents probably wished my sister and I didn't want to go through our favorite natural "obstacle course" about a million times each time we were there for the day.






Aren't they beautiful? Where is your family's favorite "place"?

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment